Job Title: - Director, Operations Services and Strategy- Genetic Science Division
Requisition ID: 61055BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Director, Operations Services and Strategy is responsible for managing the activities and outcomes of the high-throughput services core laboratory within the Microarray business including revenues, budget, workflow, and management of the day-to-day activities of the laboratory staff and bioinformatics services group. In addition, within Thermo Fisher’s Genetic Sciences Division (GSD), this position directs the manufacturing strategy for microarrays and related instruments and reagents, leads capacity planning and is the point person for all operations-related activities. The position requires creativity, adaptability, and innovation in an exciting and fast-paced, team-oriented and multidisciplinary/highly matrixed environment.
- Consults with customers to design and perform genetic analysis assays as a professional service for customers.
- Teaches customer and partners best-practices for utilization of microarray and other genetic analysis techniques.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, Support, Purchasing, and Research and Development. Ensures these teams are aligned around resources and support necessary to meet and/or exceed customer needs.
- Strong quality orientation with demonstrated ability to effectively build and manage customer and partner relationships at a senior level.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and ensure the efficient management and implementation of business plans to fully achieve customers’ services objectives.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel for talent management, including leadership growth and key skill-set development for operational and strategic objectives.
- Inspires, influences, and empowers employees across the matrix (both direct and indirect teams) to over-achieve objectives.
- Proven capability to work within a highly-matrixed environment effectively and efficiently.
- Develops policies and procedures, oversees validation studies, and explores new capabilities and technologies for genetic analysis services including workflows leveraging DNA Microarrays and other analysis techniques.
- Ensures accurate interpretations and reporting of laboratory results.
- Oversees global data management system and cloud-based delivery mechanisms and ensures all facets are compliant to all required regulatory agencies.
- Helps set the operations-related strategy and objectives for the Microarray business, deepening the understanding and utilization of key business processes, as well as methodologies and/or tools including PPI, etc.
- Leads the identification of long-term capacity needs and works with the Operations network to resolve all constraints in a timely way.
- Leads the day-to-day operations and strategy of the services laboratory and bioinformatics staff.
- Strong ability to deliver projects in a high pressure environment that operates across multiple labor shifts. Provides on time results to a customer base that has highly-customized deliverables.
- Knows the most effective and efficient way to get things done with a focus on continued improvement.
- Ensures effective supply from global manufacturing sites supporting the microarray business.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in life sciences or other related field
- 10 + years of leadership experience, preferably within life sciences
- Experience with laboratory automation
- Experience with next-generation sequencing methods and data
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong customer/quality orientation with demonstrated ability to effectively build and manage customer and partner relationships at a senior level
- Ability to attract, recruit, develop and retain hi-potential talent
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for an organization’s vision, and motivates, leads, and empowers others to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join