Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher wissenschaftlche Geräte GmbH is an Austrian company located in Vienna, at Dresdner Straße 89, 1220 Vienna and is a 100% subsidiary of Thermo Fisher Scientific. At our site we employ appr. 100 employees, offering a broad spectrum of sales and services within Unity Lab Services (ULS). The product range of the ULS/CMD group goes from Ion Chromatography to HPLC instruments.
As an ULS Field Service Engineer you can start a career in a leading global biotech company supporting our customers. The position is field based in Austria with responsibilities within the Central Europe team and with incentive compensation on customer success and satisfaction metrics as well as efficiency.
ULS (Unity Lab Services) Field Service Engineer HPLC (m/f)
Region Vienna, Austria
- Deliver all service activities (Installations including related customer introduction, repairs, maintenance services, validation services, depot repair, etc.)
- Manage the company’s assets provided, such as car stock / inventory of parts, computer, mobile phone, general tools, software, company car, manuals)
- Report accurate and timely all activities as required (e.g. field service reports, expense reports)
- Optimize the own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning / scheduling (dispatch department, team leader, customer).
- Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible. Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Driving License
- Sound MS Office know how
- Professional background in chemistry / electronics / engineering or related subjects.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region in Austria. For trainings or special calls, international traveling including all EMEA territory and the US is required.
- Fluent in German, both verbal and written.
- Good English skills, both verbal and written.
- 1-5 years of experience in servicing analytical equipment or equivalent applications specialist experience
- Or minimum 5 years practical experience with Chromatography systems
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- We are obliged by law to quote a wage range approx. € 45.000,- gross per year (full-time) for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement. We guarantee a competitive, market-oriented salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications.
- Great career and development prospects.
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Social Benefits
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.