Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Our MSD Division (Materials & Structual Analysis Division) is looking for its future
Spark OES / inclusion analysis
The Application Specialist is in charge of a variety of tasks related to our spark OES (Optical Emission Spectroscopy) metals analyzers. As a member of the OES marketing team, the Application Specialist works with the Product Manager and collaborates with the other Application and Analytical Specialists. Within the company, the Application Specialist collaborates with R&D, Training, Marketing Communications, Production, Technical Support as well as the other services, and participates to sales and service support. The Application Specialist has a strong focus on customers and markets, with main responsibilities in demonstration, analytical development, and support to marketing, sales and customers. The Application Specialist is an ambassador for the company and a spokesperson for the markets. He is passionate about discovery and innovation, with a focus on continuous improvement of our value proposition.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Organize and perform demonstrations and tests on samples and maintenance and preparation of instruments and machines
- Take into account customers’ needs to develop new inclusion analysis applications, propose innovations and improvements for applications, products and machines
- Be the “go to” person for sales persons, provide guidance and expertise, support them in presales activities
- Perform support activities related to product development/introduction, e.g. define development specifications, create marketing material and support Product Manager at launch. Support and promote instruments and applications through customer training and participations in events (conferences, exhibitions, webinars etc…)
- Be a radar for competition, technology watch and market knowledge
You hold a PhD or Master degree in chemistry, instrumental analysis or spectroscopy, materials science or physics, and successfully gathered ideally 5-10 years’ experience inOES spectrometry or similar, or in a metallurgical laboratory. The customers’ satisfaction and innovation in this technology is what drives you in you work, you enjoy working in team and share your passion. Statistics, chemometrics and data processing don’t scare you and you speak fluently English and French (another language is a plus).
This position requires to travel worldwide
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join