When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
As part of the Unity Lab Services organization, the Field Service Representative is responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining laboratory equipment (may include, but not limited to, centrifuges, incubators, refrigeration, ultra low freezers,) and training end-users on equipment operation. The Field Service Representative position will be Depot based with occasional travel to customer sites in the New England area. The ideal candidate will possess technical expertise in electronics and refrigeration, excellent communication, time management and problem solving skills.
- Repair and support customers’ products
- Provide consistent and timely communication to customer as it relates to service event (status, cost, scheduling, etc)
- Schedules and delivers preventative maintenance service
- Advises customers on how to properly operate instruments
- Complete all administrative tasks (expense reports, work orders, etc)
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment
- Promptly escalate customer and/or technical issues to Regional Service Manager
- Provide territory coverage and depot repair support, as needed.
- Promote a spectrum of service offerings to customers (including but not limited to installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenance, time & material service, service parts kits and consumables, service training, validation, and wireless monitoring services)
- Associates Degree in Electronics, or equivalent experience
- 1 -3 years job related experience
- Hands-on lab equipment experience ( may include, but not limited to, centrifuges, incubators, refrigeration, ultra low freezer, and LN2 cryo storage )
- Refrigeration /EPA certification
- Lift 75 Lbs without assistance 15% of the time
- Lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day
- Bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Up to 10% overnight travel
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and basic PC skills
- Cascade Refrigeration
- Separation products
- Controlled temperature lab product/instruments
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.