Job Title: Packaging Category Manager - Global Sourcing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Packaging Category Manager, Global Sourcing is responsible for managing and continuously improving an assigned category of spend. The individual will work with a cross-functional team of sourcing, operations, technical, finance and other stakeholders to prioritize sourcing initiatives, develop sourcing strategies, conduct RFP/RFQ events, negotiate contracts, support spend migration from incumbent to strategic suppliers, and manage strategic supplier relationships, and sustain a three-to-five year pipeline of opportunities.
- Leads global category management for assigned category to drive economies of scale and deliver key category performance indicators, including: Savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, spend under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc.
- Establishes category plans and priorities globally and ensures alignment with regional, divisional, and group category priorities.
- Develops and drives 3-5 year global sourcing strategies focused on identifying and contracting with strategic suppliers that meet key business needs and the aforementioned category management goals.
- Engages and supports division/site procurement teams and other key stakeholders to benchmark and evaluate the market to identify potential suppliers.
- Qualifies strategic suppliers and migrates spend from incumbent, nonstrategic suppliers.
- Conducts supplier business reviews with strategic suppliers to ensure both parties meet obligations under the terms of agreement, including performance standards and continuous improvement goals.
- Interfaces with category leaders in regions, divisions, and groups as well as cross-functional stakeholders (quality, technical, operations, finance, etc) to ensure all category sourcing activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities.
- Facilitate free-flow of spend intelligence and analysis to internal business leaders in order to enhance their decision making.
- Establish, manage and collaborate with business leaders’ breadth and depth of risk factors within the assigned category – from human, environmental, workforce/place factors, and reputational risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years procurement/sourcing experience in mid to large multinational companies.
- Minimum 3 years working on the assigned category of spend.
- Business acumen – knows how to assess market/business requirements dynamics and negotiate agreements that yield meaningful business value.
- Experience working in highly regulated industries.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results.
- Demonstrated consultative/collaborative style in performing sourcing activities.
- Project management / Program management: Demonstrated ability in leading complex projects to successful and on time completion.
- Influences without authority to motivate and manage a cross-functional team in multiple geographies.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- CPSM or equivalent
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or supply chain experience
- Experience in life sciences, medical device, or pharmaceutical industries
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join