When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
We are looking for a driven Digital Marketing Specialist to join our LSG (Life Science Group) team in Carlsbad, CA who is ready to make a difference. Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific we are the leader in serving science, with an eye on becoming the leader in the digital marketing space. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Our customers demand more from digital than ever before. It is our mission to exceed their expectations while at the same time significantly advancing the business profitably.
How will you make an impact?
The Digital Marketing Specialist will develop and execute on data science programs, leveraging predictive analytics and account-based marketing techniques, designed to accelerate growth using a multi-channel go-to-market strategy. This individual will have a passion to work within a data driven marketing organization and keen sense on how to use data and new digital marketing technologies to innovate and drive the marketing organization forward.
What will you do?
- Be responsible for data science marketing program strategy, planning, execution and revenue plan with clear objectives and KPIs and applies industry best practices and adapts to emerging trends.
- Work cross-functionally and across regions with marketing teams to build plan, gain alignment, execute and optimize in various digital marketing channels, drive insights from the data to improve conversion rates.
- Understand digital marketing technology and all of our different data sources we have access to and how to best use data and technology to drive sales and marketing channels to deliver incremental growth.
- Partner with regional digital marketing teams to build out omni-channel digital marketing campaigns based upon predictive analytics and account based marketing methodologies.
- Develop customer journeys with support of cross-functional team, collaborate with content teams and business partners to build the right content, and assess content performance trends and propose corrective measures as appropriate.
- Partner with data scientists to identify opportunity areas and analyze and optimize data science programs and provide insights and key learnings to affiliated teams.
- Use data to drive insights with our business partners to educate and inform how they can improve their marketing and change how they approach marketing.
- Manage the development and accuracy of dashboards for all levels of management views (executive, operational, summary), deliver both data and insights to understand what is working to consistently be improving performance, share learnings and best practices with global and regional teams to make repeatable, and build out proper test plans to support valid control and experiment methods.
- Educate marketing on new data sources, capabilities and technologies and how to best use them in their go to market strategies.
- Collaborate with sales and lead qualification teams to identify opportunity areas and deliver high-quality leads that drive conversion to closed sale.
- Develop specific marketing campaigns and promotions to generate new customer contacts and additional opportunities for conversion.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Science, or other related field.
- 5+ years’ digital marketing experience with emphasis on multi-channel campaigns including email, search, social, display, on-site merchandising, and digital lead generation programs.
- Experience driving innovation projects and working with key stakeholders to take innovation projects through to adoption.
- Experience working in a global capacity preferred.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams from both sales and marketing including goal setting, managing team activities, and managing performance.
- Experience applying predictive analytics and account based marketing strategies.
- Proven track record of building scalable digital marketing campaign strategies and executing strategies with passion, precision and excellence.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced marketing environment with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Extensive experience working within the complex landscape of digital marketing inclusive of: campaign planning and execution, campaign measurement, analytics and optimization.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Creative thinker who can generate innovative ideas and solutions and partner effectively with marketing and other creative teams.
- Good operational and process orientation. Strong project management and organizational abilities.
- Ability to identify, resolve problems and complete tasks with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to act in a highly autonomous capacity and work on the most complex problems with corporate visibility.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, experience in dealing with multiple and diverse internal stakeholders, and interacting with business and technology partners across all organizational levels.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group
Division: LSG Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial Marketing