The Project Engineer is responsible for managing the planning and implementation of projects from tender to commissioning, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget, including identifying and actioning improvements. The projects will cover factory equipment, site services and process engineering. The role will also be responsible for the adherence with relevant health and safety guidelines. From reviewing the product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
Primary duties will include:
- To work closely with other members of the process engineering department to improve machine, tool and process’s (inc. secondary operations) through continuous improvement (lean manufacturing techniques)
- To integrate visual management into the way that we operate the business
- To advise on and assist in the implement a program of production automation. A background of automation integration would be desirable
- To achieve set yearly monetary savings targets.
- To specify new machinery and create appropriation capital requests for corporate appraisal
- To analyse production processes, manage the change from current to future state
- To specify new machinery and create appropriation requests for corporate appraisal .
- To employ various world class manufacturing techniques to produce workable processes that maximise production yield and minimise scrap .
- To communicate all findings (including cost savings) to the Engineering Manager in the form of reports and to construct an extensive technical library .
- Lead activities for the development and implementation of assigned projects
- Ensure quality of project deliverables such as Front end development, Engineering Design, Procurement, Construction and Quality is compliant and completed to schedule.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports. Liaising with representatives across site, covering both the Ashford and other locations.
- Responsible for planning, co-coordinating the activities of project personnel, internal customers, contractors and support providers and delivering on project management activities including budget and schedule aspects.
- Contribute to production of project implementation plans and strategies.
- Take action, coordinate the development of design basis, scope, estimates, schedules, construction work packages as required and ensure these are complete and technically correct.
- Coordinate with other inter-disciplinary work groups to ensure successful project execution, and issues are resolved expediently.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget, throughout the lifecycle of the project
Essential: Min 2 years experience managing projects within a production / injection moulding environment.
An in depth understanding of injection moulding process and equipment.
Proven experience of successfully implementing projects on time and within budget.
Experience of leading and motivating cross functional teams.
Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Willingness to change working hours to suit project in hand (as & when required)
Relevant qualifications in machine maintenance
Desirable: Ability to work at pace and prioritise effectively.
Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 13485 standards.
Health & Safety knowledge or qualification.
Cleanroom production experience.
Flexibility to support the business needs.
Prince 2 / Project management qualification.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join