When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Water and Lab Products (WLP) division located in Chelmsford, MA is seeking a Senior R& D Chemist to work in the R&D team of WLP to develop new products within chemical, electrochemical and optical sensors, chemical reagents, and analytical systems for field, laboratory, on-line and in-line process chemical measurements in liquid sample.
Our customers are in a variety of market segments such as industrial, applied and life science and your main focus will be to work with R&D and Engineering to develop new products and applications for water purification and water analysis that will lead to increased customer value
How will you make an impact?
This scientist will drive development of new products and new applications of sensors, analytical systems for laboratory, field, on-line and in-line analysis of liquid samples; drive incorporation of advanced technologies in developing new water purification systems and water analysis that can lead to increased customer values.
What will you do?
- Work with R&D and engineering team to develop and assess new technologies and new concepts for development of new products and new applications that can lead to increased customer value in the water market.
- Develop and evaluate chemical, electrochemical and biological sensors, reagents, and analytical systems for liquid sample analysis and monitoring.
- Develop and investigate new materials and noval technologies in water purification, incorporate them into product development.
- Build bridges between technologies, applications and engineering developments in water analysis and water purification.
- Originate and apply new and unique methods and processes.
- Conduct hands-on laboratory work that support innovation and developments.
- Design and execute experimental protocols, analyze and summarize data, generate reports, draw conclusions that direct future work.
- Create and maintain effective laboratory environment to support the R&D team.
- Work with cross-functional project teams to ensure efficient and quality development work.
- Actively participate in R&D collaboration within and outside the company to stay up to date on new technologies and new commercial opportunities in support of creating innovative ideas.
How will you get here?
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, or Material Science, or related field with 2-5 years related industrial R&D experience; or an MS with 5 – 10 years related industrial R&D experience.
- Hands on experience and state-of-the-art knowledge in analytical chemistry, electrochemistry, analytical instrumentation, material science with extensive experience in research and product development in areas of sensors, reagents, analyzers, and water purification systems.
- Ability to apply scientific discipline knowledge to experimental design, stage planning and protocol execution
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, strong skills in interpretative data analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity of work well with team of multidisciplinary staffs.
- Project management knowledge preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Creative, inventive, out-of-box thinking
- Takes initiative, highly motivated to excel
- Clearly focused on goals and objectives
- Disciplined and highly organized
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join