Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Thermo Fisher Scientific European Shared Service Centre for an ambitious, Nordic speaking individual to join a fast paced team within Account Payable.
You will join the team as an Accounts Payable Representative – Nordic Speaking ensuring that all transactions are appropriately authorised/approved, posted and paid in a timely and efficient way.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within an exciting and growing industry sector and work for a leading global Life Science organisation.
- Ensuring that all transactions are appropriately authorised/approved posted and paid in a timely and efficient way.
- Reconciling ERP uploads
- Dealing with queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Working as part of a large team that has responsibility for accurate and timely input of information (this is essential to the company’s payment processes –vendor invoices, and to the monthly reporting of results to the Corporation.)
- Timely checking and accurate processing of invoices and payments
- Interfacing with various internal departments and external suppliers to resolve any queries
- Ad-hoc Project Work
- May perform other related/ad hoc tasks/projects as required and/or assigned
- Fluency in Norwegian and English – written and oral is essential
- Experience in high volume, multi entity, multi currency processing function
- Experience within a finance department with a real understanding of accounts payable and a desire to learn
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to take ownership of tasks
- Demonstrate Risk and Control awareness
- Proven track record liaising with personnel on all levels of seniority both internally and externally
- Good understanding of EMEA VAT requirements
- Understanding and appreciation of audit controls and compliance
- Is confident and articulate and able to engage at all levels, both written and verbal
- A team player, who can work on their own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise their workload
What we offer:
- Free car parking
- On site subsidised gym
- Private medical insurance
- A variety of flexible benefits
- Incentive targets –we offer you the opportunity to achieve a personal incentive based on team KPI’s which could be worth up to £1,600 per year in addition to your basic salary
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join