When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Imaging Instrument Product Manager Leader is responsible for developing and implementing product strategies to accelerate the growth of the Imaging, Labeling and Detections (ILD) business segment. Reporting to the Strategic Business Segment General Manager for the ILD Business, the Product Manager Leader will be managing a multi-million-dollar product portfolio with global responsibility, and supporting market analysis, planning, and commercial strategies. Key success metrics of this position are revenue growth, portfolio profitability, and new product introductions.
What will you do?
- Development and execution of a strategic growth plan for the imaging instrument portfolio.
- Driving a coordinated product development process across functions for this portfolio, from concept through to commercialization.
- Lead, coach & manage a team of product managers to execute on the defined operating plans. Accomplishes people leadership objectives by training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and redirecting employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions.
- Partner with Market Development teams to effectively deliver the value propositions and marketing plans.
How will you get here?
- Strong business acumen, customer focus, and a demonstrated effectiveness in marketing, product management or strategy.
- A proven ability in market analysis, planning and new product development required.
- Strong communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary. Cross-functional team leadership experience required.
- Ability to execute through others within a global, cross functional business unit.
- The ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships will be required for success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively communicate value proposition and technical information to a range of customer and internal audiences required.
- Ability to articulate and evaluate multiple complex ideas and align others around a recommended course of action; strong communicator to share vision and plans with others.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed, cross functional organizational structure.
- Ability to build and analyze financial models to forecast and track results. Experience managing a cost center needed.
- Creativity to distill customer requirements, understands competitive strengths and weaknesses, and then develops compelling value propositions.
- Drive for results and the ability to measure the progress of initiatives.
- Ability to work with teams across the global and cultural differences.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in life sciences, PhD preferred, MBA preferred
- 7-10 years relevant experience, including experience in life sciences or diagnostics marketing, product management, market research, or strategy consulting
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join