Job Title: Senior Director Commercial, Life Sciences Group (LSG) South East Asia & Taiwan
Reports to: Vice President/General Manager – South East Asia & Taiwan
Position Location: Singapore
Requisition ID: 61845 BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking to recruit an experienced Commercial Leader to lead its sales, marketing and support organization for the highly diverse South East Asia & Taiwan region. The individual will be responsible for the overall management of the organization, which includes direct sales and marketing, and field service, technical and customer support functions for Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) LSG as well as distributors and partner management.
Most importantly, s/he will be accountable for the revenue and profitability targets of the organization, and will play a pivotal role in charting out and implementing the strategy to accelerate revenue and profitable growth in the region. All sales, marketing and support staff and budget management will be under the direction of the Commercial leader who will be expected to participate in the development and evolution of the short- and long-term commercial strategies, with other members of the senior management.
In summary, this individual should be a seasoned Commercial Leader, bringing experience in a global matrixed organization. S/he would champion his/her team in the global/regional context, and bring excellent communication skills, and a proactive leadership style to affect positive outcomes in alignment with the broader business objectives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to develop creative, flexible business approaches and solutions while maintaining full compliance with ethical business practice and applicable law.
- Develop and implement the short and long-term strategic and operating plans for LSG in South East Asia & Taiwan.
- Develop and implement a go-to-market strategy for the LSG portfolio including the appropriate mix between direct and distributer partners.
- Working with other group commercial leaders to drive incremental growth through value proposition and workflow selling solutions.
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth, engaging with LSG divisions to drive business development opportunities for emerging technologies or new market segments.
- Develop a disciplined commercial team through the deployment of robust sales processes including accurate forecast and pipeline management, utilization of customer relationship management (CRM) tools and marketing leads. Drive sales force productivity.
- Play an active and leading role in the acquisition of local companies/partners and lead integration of any globally acquired / new businesses.
- Ensure a financially sound operation with solid corporate governance and compliance. Plan and manage the business’s budget appropriately including revenue, margin and operating expenditure.
- Monitor market intelligence including competition; macro-economics and the regulatory environment.
- Lead a commercially-savvy team; hire, motivate, and retain employees, to build a high performing sales organization. Develop local pipeline for leadership and key pillar positions.
- Actively participate as a member of the Asia Pacific and Japan LSG and the Thermo Fisher South East Asia & Taiwan leadership teams, working collaboratively with Division leaders
- Serve as a Role Model Leader, demonstrating our 4I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation).
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A minimum of 15 year experience ideally in the Life Sciences industry, in sales / marketing / general management, with a minimum of 5 year experience in a functional / country leadership role in the Asia/South-East Asia & Taiwan region.
- Demonstrated capability to develop sales strategy and translate strategy into a tactical plan that achieves and drives top line growth with experience in managing large businesses (between 75-100 mio USD) in revenue.
- Proven track record of driving commercial excellence and success in a fast paced, high growth environment, guiding a high performance team and mobilizing quickly to address issues or capitalize on opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a complex matrix environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build trusting relationships as well as influence employees at all levels
- An MBA would be preferred, though may not be required for an exceptional candidate.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Strategic and growth mind-set
- An ability to work in a highly matrix environment, comfortable with ambiguity and conflicting goals
- Hands on leadership, adept at team-building and experienced in change management.
- A team player, with a positive attitude, and commitment to the development of his/her people.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills; Business planning and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- A collaborative, result-oriented individual.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singularmission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Indeed Posting Code: *IND-APAC
LinkedIn Posting Code: *LI-KP1
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join