How you’ll make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As an Executive Assistant, you'll be at the center of the Strategy & Corporate Development team, using your stellar office and project management skills to support the VP, Corporate Strategy, the VP Integration Management Office and provide back-up support to the Senior VP, Strategy & Corporate Development. You’ll use discretion and diplomacy while working with stakeholders across the company, including Senior Leadership and their executive administrative support, to plan and manage annual strategic corporate initiatives. Your strong skill set of complex calendaring, time management, logistics planning, organization, and attention to detail is key to success in this position. You will also have the opportunity to engage with our Corporate Social Responsibility Team to assist with and participate in company events and programs. Your management skills will also be in demand as you guide Corporate Development team members in company processes and procedures, assisting with on-boarding, office management and department function planning.
Your responsibilities include:
- Schedule and coordinate complex executive meetings, bringing together geographically dispersed teams, managing all logistics, document creation and distribution, and documenting follow-up actions, and ensuring completion of those items
- Collaborate with another executive assistant to provide holistic coverage for the Strategy & Corporate Development team
- Collaborate and build relationships to drive results in a global-matrixed organization experiencing change and transformation
- Utilize the full suite of Microsoft office products to prepare high quality correspondence, reports, and presentations
How you’ll get here
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience (5 or more years); Bachelors degree preferred
- 5+ years of executive assistant experience in a fast-paced, professional office environment – large organization preferred – with 2+ years supporting a Vice President
- High discretion with experience managing extremely sensitive/confidential information
- Solid experience to independently identify, analyze, and solve problems with creative and successful solutions
- Skilled and experienced in the art of organization and time management to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated success being keenly tuned in to customers, managers, peers, and others for strong teamwork and relationships
- Demonstrated experience in working independently to identify, analyze, and solve problems with creative solutions
- Solid judgment, tact, and diplomacy skills in dealing with internal and external customers
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join