The Product Marketing Specialist is expected to be the expert in regards to Thermo Fisher LC-MS products and workflows for the Biopharma market with an emphasis on the use of mass spectrometry for process development, process monitoring and lot release. Will translate instrument and software performance capabilities into scientifically meaningful data and results to demonstrate the value of Thermo Fisher technologies for Biopharma applications.
The specialist also provides internal and external training as well as customer support. This role liaises with product and application marketing peers and with the Pharma/BioPharma vertical marketing team for creation of marketing and sales collateral to support programs and drive campaigns.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Day-to-day operation and support of LC-MS systems in the lab
- Design and execute experiments that translate instrument performance capabilities into scientifically meaningful data and results to demonstrate product and workflow value.
- Creation of sales and marketing tools to represent workflow capabilities to internal colleagues and customers.
- Generate laboratory applications data, create exemplary data examples, and perform product technology evaluations to support R&D and field sales
- Participate in active evaluation of new products and applications and will provide feedback regarding hardware, software and workflow performance and suggested improvements to Marketing Managers, Product Managers and R&D.
- Conduct both factory comparisons along with intra and inter lab comparisons of instrument performance.
- Offer application support to collaborators and key customers when appropriate;
- Develop and publish application notes, generate and deliver application-related material for internal and external trainings.
- Will contribute to all aspects of the characterization of Biotherapeutics with an emphasis on the use of mass spectrometry for process development, process monitoring and lot release.
- Will work with Key BioPharma collaborators and customers to be active partners in the development, and commercialization of an “MS in QC” approach. Will used this set of Key opinion leaders to drive the widespread understanding and adoption of this process.
- Will train and support the necessary Hardware/Software/Support activities to create a robust, fully commercialized supported workflow.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS required, with a MS or PhD STRONGLY preferred in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or equivalent field
- Must have three plus year’s hands-on experience with LC-MS instrumentation and protein mass spectrometry applications such as proteomics, protein characterization, and protein quantitation. Experience in characterizing Biotherapeutics through the use of intact and bottom up approaches in an R&D and production setting is highly desirable
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and listening skills are essential.
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of LC-MS competition and market trends and ability to understand technology and create customer solutions
- Ability to interface with cross functional teams such as marketing and application specialists, research scientists, product managers, marcom and collaborators to produce, launch and manage solutions.
- Ability to travel about 30-40% or as business needs dictate.