When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Experienced operations and business leader needed to drive the manufacturing group for the production and supply of biopharmaceutical products for use in manufacturing and research. The position will be located in Asheville, NC and report directly to the Sr Director, North America & APAC Operations.
Responsibilities include an intense focus on meeting customer needs in demanding regulatory and research environments, leading and coordinating all manufacturing operations across the site, ensuring the site functions at peak efficiency with proper communications and interfaces, developing the operations and manufacturing leadership teams while ensuring delivery of high quality products which are in compliance with all applicable customer, business and regulatory requirements.
The main goal of this position is to ensure that Thermo Fisher Scientific’s customers receive the highest quality products, on time, and in an efficient manner. To achieve this requires a highly motivated workforce which pays strict attention to detail, can identify, develop and implement robust harmonized processes and procedures along with methods to ensure procedural compliance. The successful candidate must be able to create and maintain a culture in Asheville demonstrated by every employee, every day which shows a stringent commitment to quality, assurance of supply to customers, self-motivation, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
This position serves as the Site Leader for the Asheville, NC factory, and is responsible for the overall development and leadership of more than 500 employees engaged in the profitable manufacture of high quality laboratory equipment. “End-to-end” responsibility – from budgeting and asset management through the safe and efficient operation of a factory engaged in metal fabrication and electro-mechanical assembly operations on a wide range of products.
- Holds the overall responsibility for defining and communicating the vision, mission, and operational objectives for the facility.
- Directs the overall Production Management and Order Fulfillment activities at the facility; acting to insure safe, efficient, and high quality production, On Time Shipment (OTS) and positive customer experiences.
- Oversees the Materials Management and Logistics functions to drive robust production planning and scheduling, inventory management, and delivery performance. Serves as the chief Customer Advocate in resolving prioritization issues.
- Acts with the Division Director of Global Quality to insure that the Site Quality Culture and QMS are solidly based on process controls and continuous improvement, and that production is executed in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements, internal standards, and customer requirements.
- Interacts with the Division Sourcing organization as required to maintain cost-efficient availability of materials and supplies, and achievement of inventory objectives.
- Accountable for the overall financial performance of the Asheville Site, focusing on revenue recognition, cost management, working capital management, and cash flow objectives. Acts through the Site Finance Leader to insure timely and accurate financial reporting and adherence to Policy and Approval Matrices.
- Develops and manages in accordance with an approved budget, maintains a system of internal controls, and holds the overall responsibility for safe-guarding assets.
- Manages the Capital Budget for the Site. Plans and recommends investments to drive cost reduction, productivity improvement, and process controls to insure quality of all products.
- Serves as Program Champion for PPI and PPI – LEAN Enterprise programs. Drives continuous improvement and standard work across all organizational elements of the Enterprise using Key Performance Indicator metrics formats, balanced scorecards, and other systems of maintaining measurement and accountability.
- Consistently demonstrates Role Model Leadership, and assists the Human Resources function in developing and executing sound HR programs that drive workforce motivation and employee allegiance, and meet the Company’s goal of being An Employer of Choice. Carries the end responsibility for Communications Programs, and is accountable for conducting Quarterly Town Hall Meetings in accordance with Company policy.
- Continuously responsible for working and leading in a collaborative manner and promoting cross-functional teamwork and business efficiency while maintaining superior levels of customer service.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a manufacturing-related curriculum. An MBA degree is desired.
- A minimum of 10 years of career progression in a manufacturing environment is preferred. Experience in fabrication, assembly, and testing of electro-mechanical products is preferred. Experience in a manufacturing organization of at least 300 employees, and experience with multi-national business are also preferred.
- A record of success in driving continuous improvement and rapid customer response through closed-loop feedback systems is required.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Superior leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people, and facilitate effective cross-cultural business inter-action.
- Electro-mechanical comprehension sufficient to understand the operation of production equipment and facility systems and to engage in problem-solving discussions on products produced.
- Financial literacy sufficient to understand Financial Statements and Budgets.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of software and understanding of ERP systems.
- Must be self-motivated, with a bias for action.
- Must be able to travel occasionally in the US and internationally.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join