When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work and you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Work in a team based environment to develop, prepare and revise testing validation procedures/protocols to ensure that product manufactured meet internal company standards.
- Assist laboratory and staff scientist in performing new product verification tests.
- Compile and analyzes validation data, prepare reports, and makes recommendations for changes and/or improvements.
- Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve, operate semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment, regularly evaluate test results, troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and exercise independent judgment in selecting the best solution. Provide multiple decision options and corresponding logic/data behind the decisions.
- Proactively identify problems and provide feedback.
- Balance multiple tasks. Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques, basic computer knowledge. Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by process.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation (Verifications, Validation, IQ/OQ/PQ, etc…).
- Inform appropriate people about problems/questions; be prepared to discuss problems/questions clearly. Work in a safe manner. Work with team members to overcome obstacles. Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary. Give and receive constructive feedback.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Completes standard tasks by applying basic principles and through research and interpretation of factual information.
- Impacts through accuracy of tasks and information provided.
- Contributes to team and builds stable internal and external working relationship.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- 1 year of lab experience required (may be obtained through work or school).
- Bio Engineering or Chem engineering major.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant software (Excel and Word) are required.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join