Job Title – Scrum Master
Job Location – Bangalore
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
The Scrum Master provides agile/scrum expertise and coaching for a cross-functional development team. The Scrum Master helps keep the team grounded in agile /scrum values and principles and is focused on enabling the team to be more effective at delving working product. This person is a servant leader with the ability to collaborate and influence without formal authority. Impediment removal and continuous improvement are the foundation of the Scrum Masters role on an agile team.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a servant leader focused on helping the team be as effective as possible at delivering working product each sprint
- Coach the team on agile/scrum values, principles and techniques
- Schedule, facilitate and support all Scrum team level ceremonies such as sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review/demo and retrospective
- Facilitate the collection of accurate team level metrics form Jira to be openly shared with anyone/everyone
- Ensure required artifacts are produced and readily available for PMO memorialization for the purposes of audit and compliance
- Escalate issues outside of the scope of the team, seek ownership and follow up on resolutions
- Represents the their team for Scrum of Scrums in order to coordinate/sequence dependent work
- Works with the Release Train Engineer, Product Management, and their product owner to ensure the team is prepared in advance of program level events such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt and system or PI demos
- 8 to 11 years of experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of hands on Scrum Master experience
- Experience in the Web/eCommerce space preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile/Scrum and proven experience as a Scrum Master.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Effective ability to lead and train teams through sprint planning, retrospectives, and facilitation of multiple sprints within enterprise environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join