When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Division Specific Information:
Our Genetic Sciences business is at the forefront of innovation for genetic analysis research and clinical applications. Our teams are develop platform and content solutions that help bring criminals to justice, accelerate disease research, and keep the world’s food supply safe. We also develop advanced methods for rapid testing and detection of viruses such as Zika and Ebola, helping to prevent global outbreaks. There is no limit to the impact our technologies can have on the world, and as a member of our team you can play a critical role in helping us fulfill our mission.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Program Manager, Genetic Sciences position is responsible for leading a team of Program Managers focused on the Instrumentation Systems (Hardware, Software, and Consumables) within the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Genetic Sciences program management team leads new product introductions (NPI) programs as well as key sustaining efforts. This role requires significant cross-group coordination, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to drive collaborative discussions and decisions with all key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have strong Program and Project Management skills, experience leading system level programs, be interested in and able to understand business strategy and technology, have the ability to focus at a detailed level on multiple strategic programs simultaneously, and be comfortable interacting with senior executives and core team members alike. We need a passionate Program Manager who will deliver execution excellence, making optimal use of the Thermo Fisher Scientific Phase-gate process. Come help the Thermo Fisher Scientific team deliver world-class products and solutions to our customers.
What will you do?
- Manage the product commercialization process/new product development and introduction through the stage gate process, managing scope, schedule, risks, issues, trade-offs, communications, and expectations.
- Represent the organization in assuring the teams follow product development best practices, and in some cases adhere to specific regulatory requirements, as they lead project teams through the product commercialization process (PCP). This includes assuring design control and thereby long-term product supportability, as well as delivering the agreed upon business value.
- Demonstrate and adhere to project management best practices, with the goal of not only delivering a product of high quality and value to the organization, but delivering within the agreed upon project contract metrics of schedule, resources, budget and scope.
- Lead a focused team of program managers with the primary responsibility to execute new product development programs from product concept through product launch & program closure.
- Lead, manage, coordinate, synchronize, and be accountable for the execution of programs from Product Concept through Product Launch & Program Closure.
- Act as information conduit between the Core Team and Sr. Management; prepare and present Phase Reviews to the Product Approval Committee (PAC) as Core Team representative; initiates Exception Reviews as necessary.
- Act as project champion and project “general manager”; manages team to execute all project deliverables; leads cross-functional core team.
- Lead teams to define and prioritize scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Plan resource requirements and negotiate Core Team resources with functional managers; assist Core Team Members in negotiating extended team staffing.
- Develop accurate, actionable, and cross-functionally integrated program plans based on business goals, constraints, and risk tolerance.
- Develop and assertively drive timelines and budgets in coordination with other departments and teams.
- Drives risk assessment, communication, proactive mitigation planning, and contingency response planning.
- Regularly track and communicate project status to all stakeholders; schedule and drive core team meetings.
- Assist Core Team Members in resolving extended team and functional issues.
- Collaborate and coordinate across all the functional areas (R&D, Marketing, Product Management, QA/QC, Regulatory, Legal, Operations, Manufacturing, Service and Support and others) necessary to insure successful program completion and product launch.
- Contribute to performance evaluation of Core Team Members
- Develop and deliver original persuasive presentations
- Guide program teams through and execute Voice of the Customer (VOC) and User Centered Innovation (UCI) processes in partnership with Product Management and R&D.
- Build effective relationships with core and extended team members, functional managers, senior management, and customers.
- Track and monitor team progress against requirements and plans; resolve deviations.
- Lead, document, and communicate constructive lessons-learned analysis of completed programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. /B.A.) minimum, preferably in a scientific/technical discipline (e.g. biology, chemistry, engineering).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience combined between product/program management and product development, preferably in the life sciences/biotechnology.
- Stage-gate product development process experience.
- Ability to distill, prioritizes, and acts on feedback from a variety of sources.
- Ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Ability to work independently without significant direction
- VOC process experience preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, crisis management, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, and the ability to work effectively with a variety of other personal styles.
- Excellent leadership skills particularly the ability to influence stakeholders in other functions over whom the Program Manager has no direct managing authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative. Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for driving execution at a detail level when necessary while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join