When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Covering Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, CA as well as other major markets on the West Coast - Ideal location is for the rep to be based in CA
- Drive Capital Equipment-focused sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently.
- Serve as High Content Imaging and Analysis Sales Specialist within target markets and key accounts with a focus on developing new business and closing sales to customers in academic and industrial markets.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in high content imaging products and solutions
- Create, cultivate and manage relationships between the Company and its customers: Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each customer's: research and development processes, critical business initiatives, R&D organizational structure and new technology evaluation / implementation processes, and their capital funding, approval, and procurement process.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills. Influence customers to the value of the company's technology solutions in solving their innovation and productivity challenges.
- Develop customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
- Manage the sales cycle (3-12 months) from introduction through purchase to deployment, requiring extensive coordination among various Company resources through the sales process.
- Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
- Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customer site or locally.
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software.
- Field travel as necessary (50% or more)
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories.
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily.
- Requires a minimum Master’s Degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience.
- Technical skill and experience in imaging/microscopy required, with capital equipment sale
- Experience with High Content Imaging technology or Microscopy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and balance workload based on priority of assignments.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- A collaborative, result-oriented individual.
- A team player, with a positive attitude, and commitment to the development.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.