Job Title: Sales Specialist
Territory: Southern CA, AZ, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. A Sales Specialist will be responsible for generating $X.XM in sales annually. In addition, this individual supports the installed Thermo Fisher Scientific Molecular Spectroscopy equipment in an assigned territory as well as providing efficient fiscal management of the sales expense budget.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals; deliver bookings and revenue commitments in accordance with Business Unit (BU) Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets
- Manage high volume direct and distribution sales of UV-Vis spectroscopy products in the defined territory
- Make individual and joint sales calls to develop and close capital business sales within the defined territory
- Analyze channel and specific account needs, develop specific courses of action, and execute these plans, revising them as necessary
- Attend and work at trade shows, channel shows and exhibits as assigned
- Work regularly with channel partners, internal technical support, service engineers and factory personnel to achieve objectives
- Prepare required monthly reports, including forecasts of relevant opportunities, and monthly expense reports
- Quickly follow up on sales leads to qualify the customers and determine status of the opportunities
- Schedule and conduct product demonstrations to customers and/or channel representatives using detailed product knowledge
- Drive visibility and accountability through improved sales pipeline and forecast management processes Utilize modern sales tools like Salesforce
- Function as a business person by providing input on business conditions.These conditions include knowledge of competition and current marketplace – their products, pricing, merchandising techniques, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers
- Identify and understand customer’s requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these solutions to customer
- Be responsive to customer’s needs, as well as to the conditions and trends that affect them. Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Follow standard business workflow processes that lead to consistent results
- Responsible for discount administration in assigned territory
- Manage controllable expense budget within assigned territory
- Ultimate responsibility for account management in assigned territory
- Lead processes, projects, or initiatives that are critical to the success of the function
- Control department expenses against budget commitments and submit required reports on a timely basis
- Establish and manage on-going procedures/processes for communication of information necessary for accomplishing region objectives
- Responsible for creating and implementing strategies and tactical plans in line with the divisional, regional and area goals.
- Bachelors Degree in a Technical Life Science or Chemistry discipline (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry) with 3-5 years of related experience; or an Advanced Degree in Technical Life Science or Chemistry discipline or MBA,with 1-3 years equivalent work experience
- Prior experience with UV-vis spectroscopy and working with distribution channels is highly desired
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis, accurate forecasting ability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Analytical Instrument product knowledge
- Understanding of the professional selling processes
- Ability to travel up to 50 to 60%
- Must live in Southern CA or Texas
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join