The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of hourly employees within a fabrication or assembly environment. The primary responsibilities include day-to-day oversight of departmental goals for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, & Productivity goals. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
First Line Supervision
- Staffing- Labor forecasting, Planning, Interview/Selection, Time Card Administration, Temporary Staffing, & OT Management
- Employee Development- Individual Development Plans, Providing Coaching, , oversee plans, coaching, disciplinary actions, Training
- Performance Management- Annual Goal Setting & Reviews, Managing Disciplinary Actions
- Scheduling- Service Prioritization & RMA
- Material Flow- FAIs, EC Process Management
- Demand/Capacity/Delivery Management
- Inventory Management- E&O, Cycle Counts, Kanban Management, & Bill of Material Audits
- Oversee continuous improvement (PPI) initiatives/activities within the department
- Coordinate capital projects & equipment maintenance
- Program management & compliance within department
- Conduct regular audits/GEMBA walks & implement improvements identified
- Maintain active JSRs (Job Safety Requirements) for the department
- Define & drive safety initiatives
- Oversee & drive 5S program
Work Assignments- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals.
Leadership- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
Autonomy- Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience with at least 1 year in a leadership capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or engineering strongly preferred
- Must possess a technical aptitude and knowledge of continuous process improvement techniques in a Lean manufacturing environment
- Understanding or working knowledge of other business functions (Materials, Financial, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources) in addition to Manufacturing and Quality
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experienced with OEM customer demands and responsiveness
- Experience with low volume, highly complex manufacturing processes.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join