When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Driven by our goal oriented team of service experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
This position will be remotely based in the Chicago, IL area or within the territory of the surrounding states.
How will you make an impact?
The Food Safety Account manager will be helping to prevent food borne illnesses by providing food manufacturers the products they need to improve their food quality and safety testing.
What will you do?
Responsible for selling, servicing and promoting all existing and new Microbiology Division products to food safety accounts including food manufacturing, reference laboratory, dairy, beverage, and government testing labs.
- Responsible for developing strong major account relationships at all levels of management for the purpose of growing sales of MBD product lines in the assigned territory. Develops and coordinates sales presentations and manages account development.
- Implements the company’s food safety selling strategy consistent with the organization’s long term sales and profit objectives.
- Negotiates pricing and contract terms with customers. Acts upon final approval from the Sales Manager, Marketing and Finance. Provides the primary interface between the company and food safety accounts.
- Develops a business plan for each key account assigned; monitors and reports progress regularly. Monitors business progress and advises MBD management of results. Takes corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
- Coordinates with internal departments and authorized MBD Distributor partners to develop and implement timely contract launches and renewals.
- Identifies product gaps and long-term business opportunities.
- Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which is consistent with its long-term food safety account strategy
- Works with Marketing, Sales and Operations in developing the most effective distribution, inventory system and procedures to service food safety accounts.
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and training programs as required by the Regional Business Manager.
- Report any new competitive activities and/or products to the Regional Business Manager or Marketing Department.
- Work closely with Distribution partners in developing joint targets within food safety accounts where appropriate.
- Utilize IConnect to insure open dialogue with other business units within TMO to better position ourselves within Food Safety accounts.
How will you get here?
- Possess BA or BS degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology or life Science field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of sales experience in a relevant industry
- Possess working knowledge of laboratories (preferably in food safety) through work history or previous sales experience
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and through distribution.
- Prior sales experience in the life sciences, with demonstrated successful sales track record.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com