When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Analyst, Global Strategic Pricing will support CAD’s revenue and operating income goals thru price attainment. Establish price standards, strategies, and performance. Build organizational capabilities, and communicates key pricing insights and recommendations to Senior Leadership and other relevant stakeholders.
- Identify, validate, and quantify new pricing improvement opportunities across the entire product and service portfolio. Maintain a pipeline of near-, mid-, and long-term opportunities. Track and manage the progress toward substantiating the improvement opportunities in the pipeline
- Maintain strong communication with Business Analytics, Sales, Marketing, and Commercial teams.
- Regularly articulate and reinforce pricing strategies throughout the organization
- Provide subject matter expertise to sales teams on pricing strategy and implementation Develop and drive data-driven pricing guidelines/tools for business units
- Provide analysis and technical support for pricing initiatives that include setting list prices, determine customer specific discounts and identify product conversion opportunities.
- Determine new product introduction price positioning optimizing price and value. Work closely with marketing, product management and finance teams to determine optimal launch price.
- Teach and mentor commercial teams on strategies, tactics and approach for price attainment in their selling activities
- Perform ad hoc data analysis for business units around customer, products and vendors dynamics.
- Develop tools in SQL and excel to help guide sales team in setting strategic prices in the market, implement pricing improvement programs, and track financial impact.
- Identify, validate, and execute opportunities for sales performance improvements.
- Prepare executive-level reports of findings and opportunities increase price attainment in the businesses.
- Support the development and refinement of tools, policies, and procedures that enhance existing performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Strong commercial orientation with a balance of pricing and strategic business management capabilities. A passion for understanding pricing strategies and execution methodologies in a manufacturing and/or distribution business
· Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively influence and partner. Must relate well to all kinds of people, listens and builds constructive relationships, uses diplomacy and tact. Shows creativity and innovation in presenting ideas
· Strategic thinker and problem solver
· Detail oriented, organized and analytical. Has the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
· Ability to drive projects and activities to successful conclusion, operating with a high sense of urgency
· Excellent analytical capabilities including Excel and relational database skills. Experience with in-depth financial modeling as well as demonstrated analytical and statistical problem solving skills, including data handling and relational database programming
· Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in business, operations, mathematics or a scientific field. An advanced degree in business or science is preferred.
· Minimum 5-7 years of work experience in related field
· Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad general guidance against a framework of defined business objectives
- Prior experience working in large corporate environment or a diversified, complex organization is preferred. Candidates should be comfortable operating within a matrix structure.
- Strong intellect, drive, and communication skills
- Position Location: Pittsburgh or Massachusetts
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join