The Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management, and completion of customer implementation projects on the Core LIMS platform. The individual will work closely with the Sales Team, Customer Success Management Team and Technical Teams to manage the full project life cycle in which a successful customer implementation is achieved. The Project Manager is a part of our Customer Success Department.
- Develops project plans that establish clear roles and deliverables agreed upon by the Customer and Core Informatics implementation team members which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Assigns, schedules, reviews, and monitors project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time, within budget (per order and SOW) and meets established quality standards.
- Organizes and manages recurring project team meetings between Core Informatics and customer team members to review the plan and deliverables.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with customers and project team members.
- Obtains feedback from customers in terms of project management performance.
- Develops and captures metrics to support continuous evaluation of active and complete projects to support process improvement around cost estimation, time estimation, and other relevant factors that impact execution.
- Participates in the establishment of good project management practices by defining and documenting policies and procedures, creating standard documents (templates, etc.).
- Effectively manages resource demand across multiple projects in line with priorities and risks.
- Assists the Core Informatics team with recruiting, hiring and training additional project management resources.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Two (2) years of project management or research coordination experience, two (2) years life sciences experience and one (1) year customer-facing experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Information Technology and delivery of enterprise software to customers.
- Expertise and experience managing complex, high-value projects
- Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across internal groups and customer representatives.
- Considerable problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Formal training in project management and tools like Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, etc. to create and manage project plans in terms of WBS, milestones and resource management.
- Willingness to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering) or Computer Science.
- Formal Project Management Certification (PMP).
- Experience with the Agile Methodology as applied to solution delivery.
- Experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with LIMS.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join