When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Life Sciences Group
Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division
Clinical Oncology Assay Sales Specialist
This is a field based position covering Canada, Michigan, Ohio and Indiana for a Clinical Oncology Assay Sales professional with extensive experience and a proven track record in Clinical/Life Sciences Sales. The candidate will be responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory sales plan and must have a strong technical acumen in the areas of Next Generation Sequencing and advanced molecular technologies in the clinical market, to drive assay implementation at a defined list of clinical oncology accounts.
The Clinical Oncology Assay Sales Specialist must demonstrate deep technical credibility to effectively consult with customers and prospects to influence key decisions on technology and product choices and to manage internal resources and their deployment for successful assay implementation. Strong business acumen is also required to translate successful account strategy into business results.
·Scientific Consulting Acumen- Demonstrates deep technical ability to consult with customers on their testing needs to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, assays and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position solutions.
·Consumable Sales Acumen- Successfully maintains current run rate business and drives new assay implementation at a defined list of clinical oncology accounts. Consult with customers to build relationships and focus on project needs and workflows to maximize consumable usage.
·Business Acumen- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting- for both run rate and big deal/project based instrument and assay orders.
·Team Work- Successful experience working in a team environment.
·Develops and manages a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial management for the territory.
·Effectively competes to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to address performance, workflow and budget.
·Manage clinical lab assay utilization. Drive additional assay utilization across your accounts and target new customers and customers not using our instruments and assays. Identify the applications, assays and protocols available and convert the business.
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, PhD preferred
- 5+ years of Sales Experience in Clinical/Life Science with consistent achievement of sales goals
- Experience in Executive-Level Customer Engagement
- Experience in Next-Generation Sequencing, Capillary Electrophoresis (Sanger) Sequencing, Microarray and qPCR/digital PCR
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, reimbursement, guidelines, and environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and accepts a challenging and exciting work environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer advocacy skills
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Ability and willingness to travel ~50%
- Fluent English- oral and written. Additional language skills are welcome.
- Territory: Canada, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana
- Computer and internet knowledge. Use of remote sales skills.
- Valid driving license
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Clinical Laboratory Management Experience
- Clinical Laboratory Certification
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join