When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Division Specific Info
The Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing business is part of our Life Sciences Solutions group. Personalized precision medicine has become a new paradigm in oncology treatment, offering hope for improved cancer treatments. Advances in next-generation sequencing (NGS) allows clinicians and laboratory professionals to routinely gather therapy-relevant molecular information in a timely fashion, a prerequisite for truly personalized medicine in the face of a growing list of molecularly targeted drugs. The Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division (CSD) offers multiple solutions for solid tumor biomarker testing to aid in identifying those patients eligible for treatment, based on Ion Torrent and Oncomine NGS technology.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Software Engineer will play a vital role in the development of software used in InVitro Diagnostic and clinical applications that are used for cancer detection.
What will you do?
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes. Investigate problem areas and follow the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate, negotiate and influence direction and decision making to deliver quality solutions.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Communicate effectively with both onshore and offshore teams.
- Mentor others to develop technical skills and leadership ability.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications or other related fields of study.
- 7+ years of experience in software development with hands-on experience with Java 7 and above and J2EE.
- Strong knowledge of and hands-on experience using Spring, Hibernate, and SQL
- Prefer experience with Apache web server, Apache Tomcat, and databases such as MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, GIT.
- Experience with Software Design, Software Documentation, and Software Junit testing.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission: enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.