When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Scientist III, Bioinformatics
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to provide bioinformatics support for microarray design.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management, content selection and curation, chip and mask layout for microarrays aimed at either whole genome or targeted genotyping, copy number analysis, expression, and other applications. This position will work closely with our scientific customers and several cross-functional groups within the company, including research, product development, lab, sales and marketing.
- Minimum B.S. in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistical Genetics, Molecular Biology, Genome Science or similar (M.S. or PhD preferred).
- 3+ years of working experience in related fields
- Excellent cross-discipline communication and writing skills
- Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to take ownership of assign tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment and meet deadlines
- Project management skills strongly preferred
- Statistical computing language - R is preferred
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Linux/Unix including shell scripting
- Experience with Python and/or Perl
- Experience with relational databases
- Familiarity with public genomics databases and sources (dbSNP, 1000 Genomes Project, etc.)
- Experience in analysis of microarray data and NGS data is considered a strong plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join