Trademark Attorney - China
Job ID :
China - Mainland China - Shanghai
- Job Title: Trademark Attorney - China
Reports To: Legal IP - Shanghai
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in serving science, with revenues of over US$18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
We are in immediate need of an experienced Trademark Attorney to support our rapidly expanding brand protection needs in China. This is an ideal position for an attorney who has gained some trademark experience over the last several years, and is now ready to take on more responsibility for trademark protection and enforcement in a multinational corporation.
You will collaborate with IP attorneys worldwide, outside counsel, marketing managers, and business management to ensure trademark protection for our leading brands. You will work with businesses at the forefront of technology, including genetic sequencing, analytical chemistry, physical, chemical and biologic measurement instrumentations.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Work with global IP counsels to develop and implement brand protection strategies in China, including trademark portfolio management, enforcement, licensing, and transactional matters.
- Work with outside agencies on trademark prosecution, including prosecuting applications, conducting trademark clearance searches, opposition and cancellation proceedings.
- Implement processes for regularly capturing and retaining evidence of trademark use for major brands.
- Deep search of online and offline trademark infringing activities which impact Thermo Fisher business and identify enforcement targets
- Work closely with government enforcement agencies, internal business team and outside counsels to execute enforcement plans, including investigation, preparing C&D letter, taking administrative or criminal action, civil litigation or customs enforcement.
- Support the corporate legal team on trademark ownership and licensing issues in commercial agreements
- Communicate and advise various business functions on trademark related issues;
- Coordinate with IP Counsel in the US, Europe, and APAC to ensure brand protection opportunities and risks are fully addressed from a worldwide legal and business perspective.
- Manage outside agencies, including quality control and cost, etc.
- Deliver high quality trademark training to staff.
Experience and Qualifications:
- About 3-5 years IP trademark experience from top domestic or international law firms, or equivalent in-house experience
- Passion for in-house brand protection.
- Legal degree
- Excellent business sensitivity and good communication skills in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Proficient in Mandarin & English (written and spoken)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com