When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Laboratory Support Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of 5-16 Site UnityTM Lab Services personnel, enabling the team to deliver consistently excellent service to our customers within a GXP environment. The Laboratory Support Supervisor is responsible for meeting the goals and objectives of the customer location, as determined by customer requirements. GXP Services may include: Reagent and Media Preparation, HPLC analysis, Labware and Glassware processing, Chemical Management, Equipment Management, Order Processing/Purchasing/Receiving and Inventory Management. Provide direction and support for on-site associates by establishing processes, procedures and serving as coach to the team.
What will you do?
- Leads a team of on-site staff working across multiple shifts in a GXP environment. Ensures and performs service delivery and compliance of work processes. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff’s performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members and self. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including staff meeting or exceeding service levels and through monitoring of the performance, productivity, attendance records and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Interacts with management, sales and the customers on matters concerning functional areas within the department, regularly.
- Collaborates with Program Managers and/or Site Managers to quantify all aspects of value creation for the customer through rigorous data collection and reporting. Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI’s, tracks trends, and implements best practices.
- Report business metrics, target and define new opportunities, act as resource for sales team, act as resource for the customer in the area of service, savings and opportunities.
- Evaluates employees’ training needs, identifies possible solutions and arranges for needed training and development.
- Ensures that employees are cross trained and develops employees to create a career path and succession plan.
- Perform work across multiple service areas to provide coverage during staff absence or high volume work periods
- Represent Unity Lab Services during audit and assessment activities, including providing area tours, Subject Matter Expertise where applicable, and responding to any recommendations, observations, or findings
- Travel to associated customer sites to provide management coverage, conduct or receive training, participate in service assessments, or at customer request.
- Support the Quality Management System by:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadline
How will you get here?
- BS/BA Degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a laboratory setting. 1-2 years of GXP laboratory experience is preferred including working with cGMPs
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast paced changing work environment.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; including experience in writing Standard Operating Procedures and presentation skills.
- Proven skills in managing multiple concurrent issues and prioritizing staff workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers; strong interpersonal skills required.
- Overall understanding of service management, customer satisfaction.
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Excellent computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Must be flexible with hours.
- Basic understanding of employment/labor law regulations.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- Extensive walking or standing may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join