About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
Position Summary: The Application Specialist / Master Trainer within the Environmental & Process Monitoring Business Unit is responsible for providing training and 3rd level technical support to customers in industrial settings to ensure the stable and ongoing operations of customer purchased equipment. Acting as an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific, the Application Specialist / Master Trainer will provide product technical training to customers and members of the Thermo Fisher Scientific service team, and utilize troubleshooting skills to support the Technical Support team. This position will provide training and technical support for process analyzer and nuclear equipment.
- Act as an advocate for the Customer, Thermo Fisher Scientific and EPM
- Provide training, and technical support in-house and at the customer site that delivers differentiated performance, value and quality
- Act as a senior technical resource for other members of the TFS service team to support their process analyzer and nuclear product goals.
- Act as the service representative on process analyzer and nuclear product “New Product Introduction” teams, as required
- Consult with the customer to explore current and future requirements, and develop action plans to ensure the customers' needs are met with speed, operational and engineering excellence
- Become a trusted advisor to help grow service programs, including audit programs, service contracts, preventative maintenance, training etc.
- Align customer requirements with Thermo Fisher Scientific engineering, operations, sales and service to provide value, at each step of the customer journey
- Proper interpretation of blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications
- Be responsible for the generation, maintenance, scheduling and delivery of the training programs for products in your area of responsibility
- Provide third level technical support to internal and external customers as required
- Input accurate expense information in to Concur system for approval in a timely manner
- At least 5 years of applicable Field Service/Training/Technical Support experience with chromatography, mass spectrometry instrumentation or on-line process equipment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and must be flexible with travel including nights and weekends as needed
- Preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Strong Customer Service, Interpersonal and Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Enthusiastic and Positive Attitude
- Ability to work independently at remote locations
- Capable of reading schematics and drawings
- Must be physically able to climb ladders/stairs or ride industrial style elevators to heights of 300 feet
- Regularly lift or move 25 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 50 lbs. and occasional lift 100+ pounds.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join