When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Contract Administrator utilizes their extensive contract and legal experience to respond to RFQs and earn customer contracts. Must be able to communicate well with cross-functional business partners to ensure contracts comply with varying stakeholder needs. Requires an individual who can work well with high levels of detail and deadline pressure.
- Review, evaluate, draft and negotiate various types of sales related documents (i.e., Purchase Orders, RFQs, RFPs,) for compliance with corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
- Administration of government-public contracts at the federal, state and local levels. Including review / approval process for entering into new contracts, contract negotiation, reporting, fee payment and compliance.
- Possess a working knowledge of the legal, financial, regulatory and business risk in sales order, contract and subcontract terms and conditions and must be able to communicate these exposures effectively and efficiently to company decision makers, when necessary.
- Understand the basics of commercial sales such as pricing, delivery, warranty and payment terms, as well as legal terms with regard to liability issues, including indemnification, insurance and limitation of liability.
- Apply risk profile/assessment matrix across product families using corporate guidelines and escalate agreements as required.
- Resolve and finalize agreement terms directly with customer personnel and attorneys.
- Understand revenue recognition, contracts/production holds and book and ship activities.
- Must be familiar with review and how to respond to applicable topics in a request for quotation (RFQ), request for proposal (RFP) and the like.
- Must be able to propose alternative contract terms acceptable to the company when customer and company terms and conditions differ.
- Interface with various groups like sales, order management, legal, finance, etc. and across the entire Thermo Fisher Scientific organization.
- Maintain centralized contract files and a centralized database of reviewed and negotiated agreements and bids.
- Review complete package of bid documents to determine what terms need approval and distribute to and work with functional owners to accept or negotiate alternate terms as required by the business.
- Support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and participate in initiatives as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or legal field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in government contracting and contracts negotiation.
- Good judgment in balancing business and commercial needs and potential risks/exposures with customer requests.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of integrity, intensity and involvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight schedules and under pressure, both independently and as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative / integrative style of working to reach common goals and objectives.
- Must be flexible and receptive to change in the workplace.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and familiar with CRM.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join