Mechanical Engineer, III
Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Millersburg
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. As a Fortune 500 company with the largest R&D investment in the industry, Thermo Fisher Scientific provides employees the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a talented Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for the design, engineering, and development of mixers, heat exchanges, integrity testers and filling systems used in the biotech and biopharmaceutical industries.
• Generate new product designs and iterate through development from concept to production. Including compliance for given markets.
• Customization to existing product lines.
• Project management of assigned projects.
• Interface with and provide support to process engineering, quality, purchasing, manufacturing, sales, and marketing groups.
• Perform FMEA and risk analysis.
• Produce CAD solid models and conduct engineering analysis of components/ systems.
• Responsible for materials and component selection, specification, testing, and analysis.
• Generation of specifications and documentation.
• Create and execute engineering test plans, validation and verification and engineering reports.
• Interact with customer base on projects, problem solving and processes.
• Communicates with diverse audiences and internally with higher levels.
• Travel as required to perform job functions.
BS Degree in engineering - mechanical, manufacturing, or materials and 5+ years experience or MS Degree in engineering and 3+ years experience.
Following skills desired:
• Engineering design and analysis. Proficient at good engineering practices.
• Development of test plans and test protocols.
• Plastics design experience and processing knowledge for the following: injection molding, extrusion, blow/cast films, and plastic welding.
• Metal design experience and process knowledge for the following: formed, stamped, welded, extruded.
• Material selection for the biopharmaceutical or medical device industries.
• Drawing generation, engineering standards, testing, and FMEAs
• Software proficiency: MS office programs, CAD (SolidWorks), FEA
• Project management including ability to accomplish and drive projects through others within the immediate team and within the cross-functional team.
• Experience in the medical device, biopharmaceutical, or cell therapy industries preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com