When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
Based in Kalamazoo Michigan, the Inside Sales Representative is responsible for lead generation and customer conversion for the instrument, consumables and microscope slide businesses that comprise our Anatomical Pathology Division. The representative will contact customers primarily by telephone; but also use email, internet, and other technology to drive conversion within a defined territory. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for serving customers engaged in the clinical and research markets. The Inside Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth and increases market penetration while achieving sales and profit targets.
This role offers the opportunity to spend time with business leaders through all functions in order to gain a full understanding of the business. This individual would have the potential to develop into a Territory Account Manager role with a requirement to relocate personal residence to the territory in which Company needs representation.
- Manage targeted customer calls, quote inquires, product inquiries, documentation requirements to further the growth of the entire portfolio.
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively in a coordinated effort with cross-functional sales team composed of Territory Account Managers and Regional Sales Managers
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales growth objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory primarily by phone, but face-to-face customer meetings may be required
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with key decision makers such as purchasing and end users within assigned territory
- Negotiation skills to determine competitive pricing
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or business management, or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of sales experience, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven record of establishing goals and achieving results
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must deliver excellent customer service and possess a strong desire to serve the customer
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations, if needed
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com