When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Quality Control Supervisor will provide direct supervision to staff performing raw material and immunohistochemistry testing to ensure compliance to established policies and management guidance. Review product DHR device history records to disposition raw materials, intermediates, and/or finished goods. Manage, coach, and mentor staff appropriately to meet business requirements.
What will you do
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the department and directly provides guidance to staff to achieve production schedules.
- Manage raw materials requirements for Operations to include qualification and approval of the materials for Production use.
- Ensure a high-performing team to perfrom routine analysis of raw materials, antibodies, intermediates, filled reagents and/or finished kits according to approved procedures.
- Review and approve QSR change documentation.
- Review and disposition raw materials, intermediates, finished goods and non-conformance reports.
- Provide for the development and training of QC staff.
- Assure compliance with QSRs and ISO regulations in the performance of department responsibilities.
- Support the transfer of new products into Production.
- Identify and evaluate fundamental problems for major functional areas through assessment of intangible variables.
- Perfrom CAPA investigations, NCAR root cause and trouble shooting activities within funtional area of responsability.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned by manager.
How will you get here?
- Minimum BS/BA in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioscience with 5 years Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience; or 3 years and an advanced degree.
- Direct supervisory experience or at least 1 year of experience as a lead in Quality is preferred.
- Strong command of Quality System Regulations and ISO.
- Skilled at analyzing data and summarizing results, as well as generating performance metrics to drive corrective actions.
- Strong math skills including calculation of concentrations and dilutions and a strong grasp of algebraic concepts. Strong troubleshooting skills.
- High level of reading comprehension skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with a high level of accuracy.
- Working knowledge of clinical analyzers is preferred.
- Must be able to write clear, understandable documentation.
- High level of verbal communication skills, and functional leadership skills.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet software skills.
- Strong organizational skills to be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and the ability to appropriately prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work cross-funtionally throughout the facility.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join