Thermo Fisher Scientific currently has an opening for Sr. Finance Manager at our Grand Island, New York facility. Please read the job description and requirements below before applying. If you feel you meet what we're looking for, then please apply, with a cover letter that exemplifies your experience with this position's requirements and duties.
The Sr. Manager, Finance will lead the finance team of the Cell Culture Business Unit, manage the financials (total revenue of ~$450M), partner with BU Leadership team to develop and execute strategies to drive growth and profitability, and team with finance functions across Thermo Fisher to drive improvements. The Sr. Manager will also lead the monthly / quarterly close, annual AOP and Strategic Planning, new product launch, and contract pricing / licensing valuation processes.
- Serve as a key member of the BU Leadership Team and identify & execute opportunities to drive revenue growth and profitability improvements
- Manage the BUs’ P&L and Balance Sheet, and work with functional partners to provide key insights to the business to drive actionable opportunities for growth
- Lead the monthly and quarterly business reviews, help develop the BUs’ strategic action plan and manage the annual operating plan process
- Lead the creation of financial and business models to support business projects and initiatives (i.e., new product development and related ROI, acquisitions, product end of life ramp downs, etc.).
- Partner cross-functionally with Operations, Commercial, and Strategic Pricing Teams to identify growth and profitability opportunities to improve overall business performance
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or business. MBA preferred
- 8+ years of progressively responsible finance experience, including managing teams and experience in a multi-site, global manufacturing organization
- Life Sciences experience preferred.
- Ability to partner with management at all levels and to lead major projects and initiatives
- Excellent analytical skills that lead to actionable growth opportunities
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across a matrix organization
- Proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Systems experience: COGNOS, Hyperion, Oracle
- Business modeling and forecasting, including strong understanding of pricing models, sales trends, financial statements and valuation drivers
- Travel 10-15%
Key Success Factors:
- Enthusiasm to work as a team player and a team leader
- Applies strong technical and analytical skills to influence strategic business decisions
- Demonstrates strong business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Confidence to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join