When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Driven by our goal oriented team of service experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
This position will be remotely based in the northeast US near a major airport.
How will you make an impact?
Responsible for the development and implementation of selling strategies for the specific purpose of gaining and successfully managing GPO (Group Purchasing Organization) contracts and IDN (Integrated Delivery Network) accounts.
- The incumbent will work with the Director of Corporate Accounts and other applicable personnel on the execution of strategic and tactical plans for securing GPO and IDN contracts.
- Acts within the scope of company and divisional business objectives and policies to accomplish assigned goals.
- Incumbent will deploy keen negotiation skills to close business that results in selling value-added products and services to customers and provides profitable sales growth for the Microbiology US business.
- Primarily managing key accounts such as, Amerinet, MedAssets, Novation, Premier, HPG, Broadlane, as well as regional IDN business.
- Responsible for developing strong account relationships at an executive level for the purpose of growing sales of Remel/Oxiod branded products. Develops and coordinates sales presentations and manages account development.
- Responsible for managing the business both at the national Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) level and at the regional Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) level.
- Responsible for gaining new contracts and then driving all associated activity to implement the strategy related to those contracts.
- Has primary responsibility for sales in assigned GPOs and IDN’s. Negotiates pricing and contract terms with customers. Acts upon final approval from the Director of Corporate Accounts. Provides the primary executive interface between the company and GPO /IDN customers. Monitors changes in all GPO/IDN account sales and service levels.
- Develops a business plan for each GPO/IDN account assigned; monitors and reports progress monthly and develops and implements tactics to exceed sales and GP goals. Monitors business progress and advises MBD US management of results. Takes corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
- Coordinates with internal departments and authorized Thermo Fisher Scientific Distributor partners to develop and implement timely contract launches and renewals. Coordinates and presents Thermo Fisher Scientific value proposition and customer solutions in a selling situation. This includes product development activities, packaging, promotions, pricing, billing, customer service and contracts.
- Identifies product gaps and long-term business opportunities.
- Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which are consistent with its long-term national account strategy
- Works with Marketing, Sales and Operations in developing the most effective distribution and inventory system and procedures to service Corporate Accounts.
- Recommends and coordinates activities of field sales personnel through Director of Corporate Accounts, National Sales Manager, Regional Business Managers, and internal Remel associates in the execution of tactical plans for each assigned GPO/IDN.
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific is committed to providing a barrier free work environment for all employees. Employees are encouraged to submit in writing, to the Human Resources Department, any modifications or special accommodations deemed necessary to perform the essential functions of their job.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of seven years proven sales record and a minimum of five years experience in National/Corporate
- Account management to include:
- Experience in managing key customer or national account relationships, creating and presenting strategic presentations to senior level managers.
- Experience in developing, presenting and closing complex business proposals.
- Competent in computer skills, Windows 2000 or equivalent. Familiar with Microsoft Office programs such as Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Negotiation Skills
- Strong analytical Skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Manage large accounts and segments of business successfully
- Build relationships internally and use company resources to achieve objectives
- Make decisions independently, and to benefit the company
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of intensity, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Strong passion for the responsibility of the position and the contribution to the overall business
- Ability to travel 75%