Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Analytical Instruments Group - Materials & Structural Analysis Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manu¬facture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets.
Our laboratory elemental analyzers use x-ray fluoresce (XRD), x-ray diffraction (XRD), and arc spark optical emission (EOS) techniques for precise analysis of bulk materials in the metals, cement, minerals and petrochemicals industries. Our material characterization instruments include rheometers and extruders that measure viscosity, elasticity, process ability and temperature related material changes of various materials. We also provide a range of elemental analysis instruments used in product
development. Our worldwide team of 4,600 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit
accelerating innovation and driving productivity.
Check out these video's!
•Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
•How to make a microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
•The installation of a Talos at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
•The world needs answer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? Are you passionate about making a difference and providing professional service for high-tech equipment? This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global company dedicated to improving the human condition and advancing research in industry. Our systems and value-added services enable our customers to conduct cutting-edge scientific research and develop Nobel Prize winning techniques.
You will become a part of the Nordic Materials and Structural Analysis Field Service team, servicing Electron Microscopes. You enjoy being on the road and can expect to be travelling up to 50% of your time, primarily to our customer sites within the Nordic countries with opportunities to support colleagues within Europe from time to time.
This role suits someone who enjoys working in a high-paced environment. Your proactive approach, team spirit and eagerness to continuously develop your skills are what will ultimately drive our success. Our organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position in an international environment with opportunity for professional and personal growth.
Your key responsibilities:
- Performing field service activities, including on-site installation, upgrades, preventive maintenance and system repairs.
- Solving a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
- Coordinating your own work schedule with direct colleagues, service operations and management.
- Instructing customers in the use of our instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations
- Providing proactive and responsive technical telephone and email support, ensuring that our customers are successful in the use of their instrumentation
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
- Assuring highest level of Customer Experience to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Providing sales leads to account manager
- Providing feedback to support teams for correcting system documentation and updating procedures.
Qualifications, talents and skills needed to succeed in the role:
- Typically requires a Bsc or MSc degree or equivalent qualification in mechatronics, electronics/engineering or other applicable experience in a high-tech environment.
- Analytical trouble shooting and problem solving abilities
- IT skills, including TCP/IP networking
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and in writing. Local language skills are preferred
- Independent, service-minded and educational in the approach towards customers
- Highly organized, on top of things and in control of administrative work, including service reports and customer queries, also when being in the field and the pace is high
- A strong team contributor, working remotely with the ability to connect with colleagues in the region
- Commercial mindset
- A natural interest in staying up to date with trends in technology and IT
- Self-starter, likes to be challenged
- Knowledge of Electron Microscopes is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Driving license required