At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Sales Representative 2 is responsible for the sales of research products and services within a defined territory, serving customers engaged in pharmaceutical, biomedical, chemical, and other fields of research and development, as well as quality assurance labs such as in food and environmental testing. The Sales Representative uses a proactive selling approach to maintain effective customer relations, and to develop opportunities for growth within an existing customer base. They will work closely with the sales and support teams to achieve customer satisfaction and assure market penetration and profitability, while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Manage a territory consisting of a majority of academic business segment customers
- Prospect and establish new customers by managing a sales opportunity pipeline
- Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and current customers
- Work with sales management to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Leverage available resources to effectively implement corporate marketing initiatives, strategies and sales processes
- Represent and develop strong relationships with manufacturers
- Work directly with local manufacturer representatives to develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at most favored pricing, and improve account profitability.
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources; Seeks out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
- Manage pricing and negotiates within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems, perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control, consults with customers
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
Experience & Skills:
- Science background preferred
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills, routinely interacting with customers, manufacturers, and internal resources
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with business leadership and decision makers
- Ability to handle difficult situations and problem solve a solution
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to sell strategically within an account
- Ability to understand individual customer operations
- College degree or equivalent/applicable experience
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry
- A proven track record of verifiable sales success driving growth with a consultative, strategic selling approach
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
This position is not considered for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join