Job Description for MFG Engineering (Mechanical)
Determining the technical problems of the manufacturing process to avoid disruption in production. Maintaining, developing and organizing production processes and production tools, as well as participation in the production setup of new products.
Role and Responsibility
- Manufacturing engineer is responsible for product and manufacturing operation process throughout product life cycle.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) and product transfers from R&D and other manufacturing sites.
- Plan and ensure smooth start up of new product transfers to local manufacturing operation. Own and sustain the product after completion of manufacturing transfer.
- Plan and execute process validation activities to support NPI and product transfer to local manufacturing operation.
- Provide Product Engineering support such as second level failure analysis, cost reduction through value engineering activity, and higher level subassembly (HLA) outsourcing.
- Set up and maintain Bill of materials (BOM) and drawings in SAP, and manage changes through Agile.
- Provide Sustaining Engineering support such as improving manufacturing First Pass Yield (FPY), support manufacturing process improvement and evaluating alternate parts for End of Life (EOL) replacement.
- Maintain and ensure systems and procedures are in compliance with ISO and Regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3D CAD knowledge/experience (e.g. SolidWorks/ProE)
- Experience in label design using Bartender
- Experience in fluid system and motor automation control will be added advantage
- Exposure to Application Software (e.g.Agile, MS Office, Trackwise, SAP). Experience in Q-Pulse and iScala will be added advantage.
- Good knowledge on engineering change process (e.g. Agile ECO/ECR process)
- Minitab knowledge for SPC application
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Experience with IVD products and requirements (ISO 13485 / ISO9001 requirement)
- Periodic travelling required (for manufacturing transfer)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join