When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: Cleans, assembles and brazes products to print, work order and product specifications. Checks connections for leaks using dry nitrogen pressure. Visually inspects the unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and ensures best quality products within current task times. Fully engages with team and other associates to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous improvement in the plant. Assembler will cut, form, braze wrap and leak check assemblies following SOEs and standard work.
- Reviews and interprets assembly drawings, work orders, and production schedules for product specifications.
- Ensure that inventory is managed with the Kanban process and report any shortages to cell leader or supervision.
- Cleans, assembles and brazes systems using a variety of procedures and equipment.
- Assembles component according to work station instructions and drawings as required. Checks connections for leaks, using dry nitrogen pressure.
- Installs and brazes Hanson fittings.
- Releases nitrogen from system and connects to vacuum pump for evacuation.
- Leak checks brazed assemblies using vacuum pumps, helium and leak check machine
- Visually inspects unit before passing to next work cell. Assists in quality control procedures.
- Replaces components as instructed; reworks units rejected by quality control.
- Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
- Completes appropriate internal control documents including Final Inspection Sheets, Total Quality Control sheets and Traveler sheets.
- Enters product related information into computer system to track bar codes, locations or production rates.
- Troubleshoots work related problems by using technical expertise and input from other team members, Supervisor, Coordinators or Engineering team.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required
- Experience: Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing practices. Manufacturing experience is a plus. Experience using small hand and power tools is preferred.
- Skills: Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Skills Certification: Brazing certification preferred.
- Physical Demands: Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Hazards – Exposed to potential hazards including pinch points, fall hazards, chemical exposure and general safety issues associated with manufacturing. Works in hot, cold, dusty and noisy area.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join