When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Country Manager leads our commercial, customer, technical & service support, regulatory and administrative operations in Canada with full country P & L responsibility. This position is based remotely in Canada and is also responsible for the Diagnostic Ltd. Health Canada regulatory and statutory requirements. The Country Sales Manager is a member of the Clinical Diagnostic Division (CDD) International Leadership Team and reports directly to the CDD Director of Commercial Operations for North America.
What will you do?
- Provide vision and overall business leadership.
- Key contributor to development of CDD International Marketing plans, sales force execution and new product development.
- Develops annual operating plan to ensure profitable revenue growth.
- Direct management and development of field sales force with 50% to 75% field travel required.
- Develop and nurture key opinion leader (KOL) relationships in the field.
- Direct management of sales & marketing, instrument applications, customer service, logistics and warehouse, finance and administration functions.
- Drive profits through increased revenue, market share, gross margin, EBITDA and cash growth initiatives.
- Develop & execute strategies to deliver plan results.
- Measure and improve results on a continuous basis.
- Create a rewarding, satisfying and challenging work environment with an emphasis on Teamwork.
How will you get there?
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical degree preferred. MBA or related advanced degree desired.
- Minimum 7 years of commercial sales and marketing experience or related experience in managing business functions with a preferred minimum of 5 years of P&L management experience; direct industry experience with a top IVD company preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, team-building, and leadership skills.
- Ability to display credibility in mentoring and forging solid, positive working relationships
- Self motivated with a bias for action.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven track record driving a continuous improvement culture.
- Strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional and personal relationships with key business partners and customers positively impacting business growth.
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record in managing a profitable business.
- Effective in oral and written English. French language skills a plus.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join