1. Job Summary
To work independently within the Quotes Department or with members of a Fisher Clinical Services (FCS) sales group or project team, responsible to ensure the timely completion of price quotations requested by our existing and potential clients. The Quotation Specialist must collaborate with customers and internal resources to define requirements, develop specifications and obtain pricing for various services that may be required, including but not limited to, packaging, distribution, manufacturing and procurement.
2. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate accurate and detailed proposals for clinical trial protocols.
- Participate in discussion and interpretation of clinical trial protocols with internal personnel and customer.
- Determines the preliminary design of the study and evaluates and understands the study
- Utilising customer service skills to ensure that clients are provided with service levels that go beyond the customer’s expectations.
- Provide advice and guidance on the optimal use of Fisher Clinical Services capabilities and package design.
- Participates in activities, such as teleconferences and customer visits, if necessary, for obtaining needed information to complete a price quotation.
- Creating and making amendments to quotes where required and checking own work for accuracy.
- Reviewing quotes to ensure written in accordance with RFQ and relevant price lists and templates, feeding errors back to the team and analysis and trending of errors for solution implementation and retraining.
- With the assistance of the Proposals Executives to create and maintain costing models of associated databases for estimates.
- Facilitate the transition of projects to appropriate Project Management.
- Assists with training new employees on the quotation process and protocol breakdown.
- Provides continuous input on improving quote production, format, process improvement.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Proposals Executives and Senior Manager Quoting and Estimating.
3. Decision Making / Financial Authority
- No line management responsibility
4. Principal Contacts
- Business Development
- Project Management
- Clinical Supply Optimisation
- CAD Design
- Service providers
5. Education / Qualifications
- Educated to a reasonable standard
6. Experience /Skills
- Extensive experience in writing proposals preferred
- Excellent customer service experience gained within a customer facing role
- Experience gained within a Project Management role would be a benefit
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to meet required deadlines and to ensure that others deliver on time
- Able to prioritise workload
- Able to use initiative to resolve issues
- Flexible in order to meet changing priorities and business needs
- Good IT skills particular in relation to Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to analyse problems and define solutions.
- Ability to influence others to achieve objectives – good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to support others within the team
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Business Customer Allegiance
- Embraces PPI
- Focus on Growth
- Job Knowledge
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Development
- Problem Solving / Decision Making
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join