Position Summary: The Project Manager manages and co-ordinates across all technical and service aspects of a project. This will range from initial discussions with clients, development of the project requirements, documentation aspects of setting up the project and management of all project related activities through to study completion.
- Manages the delivery of all technical and service aspects of projects and studies for clients.
- Determines the preliminary design of the study and evaluates and understands the study.
- Serves as the internal link within the company and will have direct contact with all internal departments and direct one on one contact with external customers.
- Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments, maintaining continuous communication with those departments, and ensures the work delivered to customers is of a consistently high standard.
- Attends Project Meetings at the business or customer site. Leads and represents the business at kick off meetings as required by the customer.
- Leads and facilitates customer teleconferences, visits and audits as required, and provides timely provision of customer reports and updates.
- Interacts with Quality Assurance/Regulatory personnel to drive Problem Reports to closure.
- Ensures customer needs are properly translated into quotation, and has responsibility to monitor and amend the quote and budget as required.
- Provides accurate and timely financial forecasting and reporting.
- Responsible for revenue recognition for projects and verifies final production information for Accounting Department prior to invoices release.
- Participates in cross-functional business process improvement activities as required.
- Works closely together with the account manager to gain overall customer satisfaction.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Requires understanding and competent use of SOPs required by company Quality standards.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires strong and effective communicator with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Requires ability to develop strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Requires knowledge of all internal systems associated with projects (i.e. Salesforce, GPMS, Trackwise).
- Requires accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health related field. Prefer advanced degree in a health related field.
- Requires 3 years of successful experience in clinical trial project management as a Project Manager or Coordinator.
- Requires in depth understanding of clinical trials.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building.
- Requires proficiency in personal computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Requires proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment.
- Requires excellent communication, organizational skills and project co-ordination skills.
- Prefer proficiency in appropriate project planning tools e.g. Microsoft Project to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Mastery of basic Project Management concepts as a recognized institution in project
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to use a computer up to 8 hours per day.
- 10 - 25% Travel, as needed.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.