When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
The Manager, Operations Finance acts as a partner to the North American Pharmaceutical Development & Drug Product Services businesses, with accountability for all operational performance measures. The scope of this role includes designing, implementing & managing a metrics based, site level accountability framework, with specific areas of focus as highlighted below.
What will you do?
- Partner with North American site leadership and Finance colleagues to lead development & implementation of a uniform approach to measuring and evaluating standard plant financial performance.
- Manage North America PPI (Practical Process Improvement) productivity process financials in partnership with site Finance teams to ensure a clear understanding of both current & projected productivity savings.
- Partner with the global Procurement team and site Finance leads to identify, plan & validate sourcing savings in accordance with our annual operating plan goals.
- Integrate efforts with the Supply Chain & Finance teams to ensure linkage of headcount planning requirements & inventory levels arising from site level S&OP processes to our financial outlooks.
- Lead the annual and long range capital planning processes for the division
- Support Division business reviews providing financial insight to trends, financial metrics, and develops proactive alternatives for improving results for above mentioned areas.
· Change agent: encourages new ideas, processes and approaches. Champions and enables a culture of multidisciplinary problem solving, teamwork, flexibility, execution, quality and effective communication
How will you get there?
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Economics
- Strong results orientation; Ability to clearly define, lead and communicate change
- Ability to champion ideas via fact-based analysis and reasoned judgment to optimize results
- Expertise with Hyperion or SAP is a plus
- Data mining experience a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in a complex, multi-site manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to adapt leadership style to different situations and people, as well as to a complex business structure with a diverse portfolio of products & services
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use those skills to influence and drive change
- Self-motivated, bias for action. Ability to be hands-on while also looking at the big picture
- Ability to travel up to 30% on annual basis
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.