When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The individual will work as part of the Cell Biology R&D team to lead new product development projects, evaluate new technologies and troubleshoot/improve existing technologies within the Thermo Fisher product commercialization process under the Gibco™ brand.
The successful candidate will possess a strong background in mammalian cell culture (i.e. CHO, 293) for transient protein expression, with experience in stable cell line generation and knowledge of GMP regulations/cell banking a plus. Experience with scalable protein expression, from shake flasks to stirred tank/rocking bioreactors is desirable, as is experienced in molecular biology for plasmid generation, amplification and purification. Downstream purification and characterization of proteins through immunological/analytical methods desired. Candidate will play a role in developing new products and generating applications data for Thermo Fisher expression systems and foster customer collaborations. The candidate will require strong organizational skills to support full documentation of new product development for complex projects. Ability to multitask and maintain a results-oriented focus is essential.
The candidate will be required to maintain accurate lab notebooks and training files in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards to support patent application and defense as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.).
Typical requirements will include preparing and presenting experimental data summaries, protocol writing, and publication in peer-reviewed journals of relevant findings. Perform literature searches related to products under development and new idea generation. Work with customers to troubleshoot problems and understand unmet needs. The successful candidate will make contributions to scientific literature and conferences and comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree with a demonstrated background in protein expression and/or other closely related disciplines
- 7-10+ years relevant industry or academic experience
- Recombinant protein expression/transfection
- Strong mammalian cell culture skills; insect cell culture a plus
- Generation of stable cell lines
- Experience with stirred tank/rocking bioreactors
- Standard molecular biology techniques including DNA cloning, plasmid preparation/purification, PCR, gel electrophoresis; genomic sequencing and/or cell line engineering skills a plus
- Demonstrated competence completing tasks under direct supervision
- Solid technical writing skills
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and solve problems
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join