Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The software services team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, testing and deployment world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience with software development and integration in clinical and research settings, and who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets.
You should be versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, through design and implementation, to customer acceptance and delivery. You are especially passionate about crafting excellent software designs and participating in an Agile/SCRUM setting to meet and exceed customer expectations. You like the idea of partnering with scientists, analytical chemists and bioinformaticians to create outstanding clinical and research solutions. You welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, discovery-oriented environment and will be genuinely excited about the prospect of creatively exercising your problem solving skills on a continuous basis with an eye to ultimately improving the human condition.
Candidates should be experienced in building back end scalable services, familiar with designing database data tiers on top of relational SQL databases and fluent in web front end technologies. The ideal candidate will possess all those skills, plus experience with building high performance, high scalability and high availability websites.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
- 2+ years of solid hands experience with Java or other OO languages (C++, Python, Ruby, etc…).
- 2+ years professional experience working on large scale distributed systems
- Significant understanding of object oriented design, design patters, continuous integration/continuous delivery, Linux, coding best practices (TDD, DDD).
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and debugging.
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Web service design experience: RESTFul APIs/Response handling, authentication.
- Experience with at least 1 modern database, persistence frameworks, and SQL.
- Exposure to developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications. Cloud-based applications leveraging AWS is highly preferred.
- Data modeling, schema design using a variety of relational (Oracle, MySQL) and No-SQL technologies (DynamoDB, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum/XP).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join