When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The QC Data Analyst will conduct quality control analysis for in-process, finished good product, and stability samples according to SOP (Standard Operation Procedures) and/or guidelines.
- Compile analyzed data, interpret data, and submit data summaries for review
- Maintain detailed records and documentation
- Follow Good documentation practice to ensure appropriate standards are met
- Identify problems that may affect test performance or results and conduct corrective action per protocols
- Document corrective actions taken when test deviate from established performance specifications.
- Work with R&D to transfer new products into Manufacturing
- Assist in the development of QC procedures, create and maintain QC documentation for new and existing products, processes, and equipment
- Ensure compliance with SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures) and ISO13485 regulation
- Generate nonconformance report of product failure and notify appropriate parties, as needed.
- Participate in team meetings to troubleshoot product performance and/or process issue, as needed.
- Assist with assay troubleshooting and laboratory investigations of Out of Specification results.
- Assist with new QC method validations and method transfer into manufacturing
- Assist in the collaboration and editing of manufacturing department QC test protocols, as needed.
- Assist manufacturing with production process
- May perform other duties as assigned
The shift is from 11:00am to 8:00pm. Please note there is no relocation available at this time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related Science field
- Minimum of 2 years Biotech industry work experience
- Previous experience in QC role with significant experience in PCR
- Proficient with Excel and other data analysis tools
- Detail oriented, quality focused and self-motivated
- Basic Good Laboratory Practices
- Basic GMP requirements
- Microsoft Office computer skills required for record and analysis reporting – i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in execution of duties
- Self-starter with the ability to positively contribute to process improvement in all areas of QC
- Plan and execute tasks in a consistent and timely manner to meet product release deadlines
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment and independently as needed
This position has not currently been budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.