When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As our new Software Developer, you will play a key role in the creation of advanced robotic technology and automation platforms for use in laboratories around the world. You will work closely with our customers, instrument manufacturers and our extended multi-disciplinary team.
What will you do?
You’ll work primarily with C# and .NET Visual Studio in an Agile environment and should have a strong background in object oriented programming. You will primarily write drivers to enable the automated operation of laboratory instruments through a Laboratory Automation system. Ideally, you’ll also be proficient with Java, RESTful Web APIs, ASP.NET, C++, WPF, TCP/IP, SOAP, WCF, ActiveX, Serial Communication and Unit Testing.
We are bringing the cloud to our software platform, so cloud experience such as Amazon AWS or Azure would be a great asset. Mobile development skills such as Xamarin, iOS, Android as well as IoT skills would also be valuable.This will be a full-time position working out of our Burlington office from Monday to Friday. The software development group typically works standard office hours, but each individual has the option to explore work schedules that work best for them and the team. You’ll make a great salary from the get go and Thermo Fisher Scientific offers a comprehensive benefits and vacation package.
How will you get there?
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in Computer Science and/or Physical Sciences and/or Engineering, with strong software design and computer programming experience in a business/industrial environment
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer, MCAD, credentials are preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience developing PC applications using C#, .NET
- Well-versed in contemporary processes and tools used in the software development lifecycle, such as project estimation, task scheduling, requirements analysis, and iterative/agile development cycles
- Working proficiency of C# with .NET 4 using Visual Studio 2015/2017/VSTS
- Working experience and a good knowledge of configuration management and software source control, as well as change control, testing and defect tracking
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Able to travel internationally (occasionally)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working proficiency in embedded programming using C or a similar embedded programming language
- Java, RESTful Web APIs, ASP.NET, C++, WPF, TCP/IP, SOAP, WCF, Serial Communication
- Amazon AWS, Azure, Xamarin, iOS, Android, IoT skills
- Working proficiency of Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server or VSTS
- Working proficiency with software build practices using MSBuild
- Working proficiency in developing unit tests, automated tests, test cases, test plans
- Project organizational skills, estimation and scheduling techniques
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join