Director, Sales Support, Chromatography & Mass Spec Division, Northern European Territory
Location: Flexible location for the right individual
Provides strong strategic and operational leadership to the EMEA Region Commercial organization to ensure best support to the Regional Sales Teams and that regional bookings and revenue targets are met. Ensures that teams operate within regional country goal trees in areas of revenue growth, sales support process optimization, expense control, and productivity and employee development. Embraces and live 4I values. Ensures sales support synergies across region and EMEA. Works closely with Regional Sales Directors, Director Applications EMEA, BUs & Vertical Market Teams, CMD European Marketing Lead and Regional/Country ULS Service Leads to ensure optimal sales support.
Local Commercial Leadership:
- Is responsible for all commercial support (pre- and post-sales) activities in the region
- Establishes right balance between pre- and post-sales focus and activities in close alignment with the Regional Sales Directors.
- Works closely with all Sales Teams, Sales Support, Sales Marketing and Sales Operations.
- Provides strong strategic and operational leadership to country/product sales support teams. Supports and drives PPI initiatives and Steering Committee to achieve goal tree plans and to build and maintain core business processes and procedures, designed to increase customer satisfaction.
- Align Sales Support targets with the Annual Sales Plan in line with each country/regional/product requirements. Derives annual goals, strategy and deliverables for the sales support organization from the sales plans.
- Is accountable – together with the Regional Sales Director for the CMD commercial performance (Bookings, Revenue, OPEX, Demo Inventory)
- Recruit, train, review, develop and structure the sales support organization to meet market demands.
- Supports representation at senior procurement and management level during sales negotiations.
- Collaborates with European Service Managers, Commercial General Managers and Country Commercial Leaders (CCL) to develop joint initiatives and provide appropriate customer care according to CAS measure.
- Liaises with all Thermo departments to improve processes.
- Ensures accurate PMDs and Development Plans are in place and are “live” for all members of the team.
- In partnership with ECO HR Director & Senior Director Sales Support, identifies high potential talent in line with the Company’s HRR process.
- Supports the Business Development Organization (Vertical Markets) across all markets.
- Ensures that all local customer requirements are met and take the full benefit on leveraging on the entire company portfolio.
- Provides strong direction, coaching & support.
- Works in partnership with ECO Director HR and local HR to effectively develop the organization and recruit & retain high caliber individuals.
Planning and Forecasting
- Ensures adequate use of the management tools (E.g. SFDC, AppsLab, KPI and PPI business system)
- Monitors territory and product mix needs and performance and implement corrective / growth measures where necessary.
- Builds strong collaborative relationship with all Global PL Leads, ECO Sales and Sales Operations Director, Vertical Market Director, ULS Country Management, local site management, ECO Finance Director, ECO HR Director and team colleagues.
- MS degree in Science or Business based disciplines
- Additional MBA/other financial degree preferred
- Progressive commercial business experience; distribution or international experience required
- Strong leadership track record, to include managing within a matrixed environment with the ability to inspire, influence and lead others
- Strong coaching and developing skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the customer
- Ability to build and maintain processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Familiarity with commercial sales and marketing tools to capture and understand the market preferred
- Strong technical product and application building
- Advanced PC skills
- Ability to generate and maintain information to provide feedback on performance
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong proven leadership skills
- Ability to plan & prioritize multiple tasks and projects. Completer/Finisher with resilience to ensure desirable outcome is always achieved
- Reflector style – able to learn from mistakes and always wants to achieve best possible performance
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join