The Application Software Group (ASG)
As part of the R&D organization, ASG is committed to bring value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. ASG is a multi-site development organization divided over the R&D sites in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Bordeaux (France), Hillsboro (US), Brno (Czech). This team is responsible for the development of automation/application software for Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM). This software offers solutions to our life sciences, material sciences and semiconductors customers, by providing dedicated workflows. Examples are automated tomography or single particle acquisition and our dedicated semiconductors solution for e.g. automated metrology/measurements on the nanometer scale.
- corporate organization https://www.fei.com/about-fei/
- Life Sciences business https://www.fei.com/life-sciences/
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- Blog ASG Designer Eindhoven http://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/iwdy98-building-software-related-applications-for-electron-microscopes-
- Blog software architect Eindhoven https://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/gl6zc7-achieve-breakthroughs-by-electron-microscopes-
- MDE helps structuring 3 millions of lines of legacy code. https://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/eibz8u-mde-helps-structuring-3-million-lines-of-legacy-code-
We have a position for a talented SCM integrator in the application software team in Eindhoven (part of ASG). The SCM integrator will be part of an enthusiastic team focusing on solutions for the life sciences market, where a new era for electron microscopy is coming up (see http://www.nature.com/nmeth/focus/moy2015/index.html).
As the SCM integrator you will be responsible for the build, automated test and SCM process and integration of tools for our C# based applications.
Your assignment will be a mixture of the following activities:
- Manage our (Git) branching strategy. Coordinate across our projects on common components. Manage the number of needed stabilization branches
- Control the integration stream for our EPU project (~18 FTE software development) and make sure the master branch is stable at all times while continuously integrated
- Monitor the automated test results and create a first analysis when something is wrong. Communicate issues with software developers.
- Keep project leaders informed about SCM and build related KPI (key performance indicator) trends
- Further improve and enhance the integration of our (build/SCM) tooling, GitLab/Jenkins/Builds etc.
- Provide daily support to the software developers on SCM and build related topics. Contact point to our SETI team (global software infrastructure team)
- Help in converting build environment from specific (internal) tooling to open standards as msbuild, Nuget
- Manage vmware images for the software development team and automated tests (multiple TEM configs and versions)
- Possibility to help creating automated tests (secondary)
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary, technical environment. to solve complex technical (software) challenges. If you enjoy supporting the development of software solutions on top of high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires, BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical discipline.
- Up-to-date knowledge and hands-on experience with software configuration management and tooling
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge on Version control systems (Git/GitLab)
- Build management and tooling (Jenkins, msbuild, Nuget)
- Virtualization software (VMware, VDI)
- SW quality tooling (Tiobe TICS, DotCover)
- Knowledge of test frameworks and software
- Unit testing, TDD
- Agile/Scrum development process
- A team player with good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction.
- Customer focus
- Proactive and initiative-taking attitude
- Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join