When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Sales Specialist, Next Generation Sequencing (IVF) - East Coast
Exciting opportunity to join our newly formed Reproductive Health Sales Team! This is a field based position covering the Eastern US and Canada, for a Reproductive Health/IVF Sales professional with extensive experience and a proven track record in Clinical Reproductive Health Sales. The candidate will be responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory sales plan and must have strong technical acumen and experience selling Next Generation Sequencing and other molecular technologies in the Clinical and Reproductive Health market, and the consultative sales skills necessary to drive instrument sales and assay implementation in the Reproductive Health space.
The IVF Sales Specialist must demonstrate deep technical credibility to effectively consult with customers and prospects to influence key decisions on technology and product choices and to manage internal resources and their deployment for successful assay implementation. Strong business acumen is also required to translate successful account strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will be a results oriented self-starter with superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills, and excellent sales skills including listening, negotiating, and closing.
·Scientific Consulting Acumen- Demonstrates deep technical ability to consult with customers on their testing needs to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, assays and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position our solutions.
·Consumable and Instrumentation Sales Acumen - Successfully maintains current business and drives new assay implementation at IVF practices and Reproductive Health laboratories. Consults with customers to build relationships and focus on project needs and workflows to maximize consumable usage.
·Business Acumen – Understands the Reproductive Health market and landscape, is committed to rigorous territory planning, accurate and timely forecasting, and is driven to grow our market share in the Reproductive Health space.
·Team Work - Successful experience working in a team environment.
·Develops and manages a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial management for the territory.
·Effectively competes to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to address performance, workflow and budget.
·Manages Reproductive Health assay utilization in IVF accounts and laboratories. Drives additional IVF assay utilization across the territory and targets new customers for conversion to our IVF assays and instrumentation.
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, PhD preferred
- 5+ years of Sales Experience in Reproductive Health or Clinical/Life Science with consistent achievement of sales goals
- Experience in Executive-Level Customer Engagement
- Experience in Next-Generation Sequencing, CE Sequencing, Microarray and other molecular testing techniques
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, reimbursement, guidelines, and environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and accepts a challenging and exciting work environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer advocacy skills
- Highly adaptable and able to work independently
- Ability and willingness to travel ~50%
- Fluent English- oral and written. Additional language skills are welcome.
- Territory: Eastern United States and Eastern Canada
- Computer and internet knowledge. Use of remote sales skills.
- Valid driver’s license
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Clinical Laboratory Management Experience
- Clinical Laboratory Certification
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.